On our way to the pool a few days ago we drove by a yard sale which was more of an estate sale. There are so many people here in Queen Creek going into foreclosure that they are selling off EVERYTHING! Before we moved here we sold a lot of our large furniture so that we didn't have to move so much. Once we got here we were in need of a table desperately since the kids have been eating on the floor. As we drove by this house with everything in front, we saw a table with chairs. The table and chairs were in very bad condition, their dogs had chewed the cushions, punch had been spilled all over them, and I don't think they had ever been cleaned. We paid the lady $50 and they also brought it to our house, which was very funny. They tied the table upside down to the top of their car and they really didn't care because they had a Saturn. Anyway, once it was in the house we went to get some fabric to recover the seats. We spent about $60 on fabric and trim, and with Conner's help, I had the cushions covered in no time. We scrubbed the dirt and grime off the table and chairs then touched up the scrapes with a touch-up pen, and then, voilà! A new table. What do you think? Not bad for $110.





7 comments:
WOW! I bet that was such a fun project!
Good Job!
Good job! What a great project - It looks awesome!
Wow, I must say that I am impressed. Those chairs look great! You did a great job!
Good job Kelli!! Thats a great deal!
looks pretty sweet. great find.
That's awesome! Yeah we are in desperate need of new table & chairs...! Hey I tagged you on my blog ;o)
Way to go Kelli!! That looks great!
Post a Comment