Sunday, September 28, 2008

Little Swimmers

The weather here is exceptionally hot which is allowing us to take advantage of the amenities we have. We are spending everyday at the pool trying to teach the kids how to swim...well Tom is teaching them...I've never been much of a swimmer so maybe I should have him teach me a thing or two. Tayler and Conner took swim lessons a few years ago but have since forgotten some of what they learned. Not so much Conner though, he has been doing great and we don't have to keep an eye on him as much as we do Tayler and Porter. Tayler is learning very fast. The first day she wouldn't let us teach her how to float on her back and two days later she is a pro at it. She is now learning how to swim under water and come up for air and is catching on quickly too. Porter is taking it slow. He is a little bit more cautious than the other kids. He has learned how to doggy paddle but still uses his arm floaties. Today he took in a little too much water and choked on it then threw up in the pool. We let the pool attendant know and the pool had to be closed for cleaning. Porter felt really bad and we told him that we would go to a different pool so that they could still play and have fun. We are hoping that after a few months the kids will be much better swimmers so that they can play inthe water and I can lay back and enjoy the sun and a good book.

4 comments:

Bean said...

I hope you guys are loving your new location. I miss you!!!!

Bean said...

Bryson is the only one who get like a big red rash on his face from where the ranch was. I wonder why????

Lisa said...

What a quick move - I can't believe you guys are already there! Glad things are going well so far and that the weather is treating you well...enjoy your no-school pool days while they last. :)

Cameron said...

I was going to be jealous because I thought you guys had a pool in your back yard or something. When ever I would fly through Arizona I remember all the blue dots behind peoples homes. Glad you guys like it. Now I am back to zero friends in the area. Well friends I can hang out with and be at ease with.