This year I wanted so bad to take the kids to a huge pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkins and most of all to have fun and to take some awesome pictures. We called around to some pumpkin patches in the area to find out how much we should plan on spending. All the places here want to charge an entrance fee of $14 per person and then the pumpkins you pick out on top of that. The $14 includes hay rides, mazes, big bouncy toys, petting zoos, roller coasters, and lots more. I just wanted to go pick out pumpkins. They said we couldn't just go in and buy pumpkins...we had to pay the entry fee. I was bummed. We decided to try a local pumpkin stand up the street. We walked in, took some pictures, and started to pick out the perfect pumpkin. After we had picked out a few, Tom went to the front to find out how much they were charging per pound. They were charging $15 a pumpkin!! That would mean that if we all got 1 pumpkin each it would cost us $75!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Now these pumpkins weren't absolutely huge...they were average. I couldn't believe how much they were charging for pumpkins. Were they made of gold?! Tom told the guy that was way too much and that we were going to Walmart. The kids were a little disappointed since they had already picked out their pumpkins, but we tried to explain to them why we were leaving. They understood. We went to the local Walmart and picked out 5 pumpkins for $3.95 each. MUCH BETTER!!! We left the store with 5 pumpkins for under $20. The kids were happy to get their pumkins and I was happy to save $55.

Today after school we let the kids pick out what they wanted to carve on their pumpkins and began gutting them. Porter did not enjoy it one bit because he said it was too slimy. We all cleaned out our own pumpkins then began carving their faces.

Conner carved a mean face but then went to fix it and it caved in. Tom gave him his pumpkin to try again. Tayler carved a skull in hers and Porter did a storm trooper. Hopefully the pumpkins stay good for 1 more week. We did get to enjoy our favorite part of carving pumpkins and that is eating the seeds! Yum!




5 comments:
Those are awesome!!!! I love the skull!!! and I love homemade pumpkin seeds. Holy cow how much they wanted to charge... is anyone paying that??? Lame~
Go check out my blog. You have just been tagged!
I love the pictures. Good job on the pumkin carvings!
I wanted to do the same thing but couldn't find anywhere around here where I could just go pick out pumpkins...dumb. We ended up at Smiths and got free lemonade with it. :)Glad you found some pumpkins though way to go on the decorating...they look great!
Awsome pumpkins!!!
Post a Comment