Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Across the Border

Tom and I decided last minute to take the kids to Mexico. We did some research and found out that it was easy to cross the border into Mexico (go figure) and that it was even pretty easy (for citizens) to get back into the US. All we needed were our passports and birth certificates for the kids. The drive down to the border (Nogales) was said to be less than 3 hours. We woke the kids up at 5 am and loaded them in the car. The drive wasn't so bad and before we knew it we were there. We parked the car and walked a block or so to the border and voilà we were in Mexico. It truly is night and day from the US to Mexico.

The streets, houses, cars are not as well taken of as the US side of Nogales. There were vendors everywhere. We were hoping to find some pretty cool stuff but there was too much of the same stuff. The kids were given $5 each to spend on souvenirs. Tayler bought two bracelets with her $5 and Porter got a little guitar. Conner was not able to find anything that he really had to have so he got to keep his $5.

The kids had lots of fun walking through the streets of Mexico and taking their picture with sombreros and a spotted burro (donkey).

6 comments:

Liz said...

okay, i'm loving the guitar! Can I send you $5 and have you send it to me?!

Stacy said...

Wow sounds like an adventure. Hope you guys are liking it down in Arizona!

Sonnet said...

Reminds me of going to Tijauna. I have never seen a spotted burro!!

Becky & Jaxon said...

That is awesome! I am SO SO SO SO SAD! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome... I've never been there either, but want to go someday... That's how tiahinna is.... everything is cheap cheap.

birdeeb said...

That looked like so much fun! I love the bracelets & that guitar DOES look cool! Conner sounds like a smart kid to save his money ;o). Not saying the others don't, but saving is a great thing to do in life ;o). I miss your fam!