Sunday, August 31, 2008

Close Call

Tom's uncle Bill flew in on Friday and thanks to my sister Becky watching the kids, I was able to fly out early Saturday morning with Tom and Bill to Bozeman, Montana. The reason for the trip to Montana was to fulfill the wished of Tom's uncle Gary that passed away January and spread his ashes in a valley in Montana. After we took off, Bill flew us over our house so that the kids could see us in the plane. It was fun to see the kids down below waving to us. The trip wasn't too bad until the end of the flight I started to get light-headed and queasy. I have never had motion sickness before, but the turbulence got pretty bad as we went over a mountain range going into Montana. Thankfully I made it to solid ground where Sue picked us up we went to get a bite to eat which helped me feel better immediately. Sue and I drove to her house while Tom, Bill, Walt, and Ed took off in the plane to spread Gary's ashes. Once the boys returned from a very bumpy ride due to the weather, we ate a yummy turkey dinner and had fun visiting until late at night. Whe we woke up this morning we looked at the forecast and decided it was time to fly home ASAP because of the storm blowing into Utah. We grabbed some food so I didn't feel sick on the plane. Well, lets just say that the food didn't help. The weather was getting bad so it made for a bumpy flight. About half an hour into it I got sick and lost my cookies. The whole trip home I was nauseated. Flying into Utah we could see the storm over the lake and we landed just in time before the storm got really bad. Had we left Montana any later than we did we would have been stuck. Thanks to Bill we made it home safe and sound.

The First picture above is our house as we flew over. It is the house with the red car in the driveway.
Below is a picture of the storm over the Great Salt Lake.

5 comments:

Robert and Jill said...

I'm glad you were able to go with Tom. Sorry you lost your cookies.

Sonnet said...

Sounds like a nice trip until I read how you were feeling sick. Now I feel sick just thinking about it. hehe

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

I am glad that you made it back okay. Being sick on a plane is never fun.Glad your back and all is well but I am sad that you guys are moving. SAD! But I understand you gotta do what you gotta do. Love you guys!

Bean said...

The last time I was in a little plane I got so sick. The piolet was afraid I was going to lose my cookies and landed his plane in a hurry. I can't believe you are moving already. I wish it was Oregon you were moving to. Porter and Maddy could have been in the same class and Tayler and Ethan. That would have been fun! We love you guys and wish you the very best!!

birdeeb said...

That is pretty cool. Those little planes can bounce around a lot...I only did that once from Spokane to Great Falls MT...That was one of the worst flights I had ever had...but it beat driving 6 hours ;o).