Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Camping

This morning Tom and I got another wild hair and decided last minute to go camping. While we were looking at where to camp, Cameron Dryg called to see if Tom wanted to go fishing in Hannah at Pat and Gene Burt's. After a few hours we were packed and on the road. The drive was long and we were starving, so once we made it to our destination we stopped to eat at the Hannah Cafe and the food was yummy.

Since our bellies were full we got back in the car and drove for 30 seconds and arrived at the Burt's. The kids piled out of the car and went searching for grasshoppers to use as bait so they could fish in the canal.

Conner finally caught a grasshopper and the kids took turns fishing of the bridge.

I called Karen and told her we were in town and wanted to see them. Karen, Kim, Kyle, and Courtney hopped in the car and drove 30 minutes to come see us. Thank you! It feels like forever since I have seen all of them. Kim looks so cute with her little pregnant belly and Courtney seems taller...if that could even be possible.

We visited for a while and began to get dark and it was too late for us to find a campground and pitch the tent, so we drove out back and set up camp in the backyard. The "camp site" was perfect. There was plenty of shade, a fire pit, benches, picnic tables, a tire swing, tether ball, and a river for the kids to play and fish in. We sat around the fire and talked for a while when we noticed that Jaxon had fallen asleep in Cameron's arms.

The kids had a ton of fun on the tire swing and trying to catch fish even though they were unable to get a bite. Conner even showed a little leg as he prepared to cross the river for a better fishing spot.

The only bummer of our little camping trip was trying to find another camp site. We were told that North Fork is a great place to camp and it was just up the road. We packed up our stuff and headed to North Fork...the only problem was we couldn't find it. We drove for about half an hour and decided we had gone too far to turn around. The next best option was to find somewhere else...no such luck! There were no other campgrounds around without having to drive for another hour or so. We and headed home to let our little campers camp in the backyard. Maybe next time we will have it planned out a little better and know where we are going.

2 comments:

Robert and Jill said...

I love all your pictures! It looks like you keep running into people we all know. Anyone catch any fish?

Cameron said...

Jaxon and Porter were cracking me up fighting over who got to sit on old Cameron's lap. Glad they had fun up there. At least I caught two 18 inch brown trout. A little side note Tom was freaking me out I thought that he was going to die. Kelly was totally calm and collected about it so I figured it was ok. But if it were just me and Tom I would have been freaking out. Oh yeah I heard you dorkasauruses are moving to Arizona what are you thinking it is so freaking hot down there.