The holidays have been filled with family, friends, and lots of fun. Becky, Karter, and Jaxon drove down from Utah on the 30th. They left Utah at 5:30 pm and drove all night. I stayed awake and read a book as they drove to make sure they made it here safely. When they pulled in the driveway it was 5:30 am. They missed Tom buy about 30 minutes. After they got here we all tried our best to get some sleep so that we wouldn't be too tired to ring in the new year together.
Dec. 31
For New Year's Eve Conner had some friends come over to help him celebrate, but unfortunately they had to leave at 11:30.

Becky, Karter, Tom, and I went out to dinner to give the kids some space...ok, we really wanted to get away from the kids and we had a lot of fun!

Jan. 1
We took it easy and let the kids run around and play. Later, my friend Heather and her family were driving back to Utah from spending some time in Mexico and stopped by for a visit. It was so good to see her because I have missed her immensely. I was really bummed that I didn't get a picture with her, but did get a picture of Conner and Matthew who happened to be wearing the same shirts. Those boys didn't want to have to separate when the time came, but Matthew had a long drive back home. Hopefully we will be able to get them together again soon.

We took it easy and let the kids run around and play. Later, my friend Heather and her family were driving back to Utah from spending some time in Mexico and stopped by for a visit. It was so good to see her because I have missed her immensely. I was really bummed that I didn't get a picture with her, but did get a picture of Conner and Matthew who happened to be wearing the same shirts. Those boys didn't want to have to separate when the time came, but Matthew had a long drive back home. Hopefully we will be able to get them together again soon.

Jan. 2
Tom had to work so we got the kids ready and took them to the pool to play for a few hours. I love watching Porter in the pool, he has become such a little fish and he will not swim without his goggles. Karter helped Jaxon and Porter try to swim from one side of the pool to the other. They were awesome!
Tom had to work so we got the kids ready and took them to the pool to play for a few hours. I love watching Porter in the pool, he has become such a little fish and he will not swim without his goggles. Karter helped Jaxon and Porter try to swim from one side of the pool to the other. They were awesome!
.




Jan. 3
We spent most of the day preparing a turkey for dinner since Karter's sister was coming over. While the turkey cooked, we finished a 2000 piece puzzle that Conner got for Christmas and we have decided that we want to do an even bigger puzzle. We want to do the World's Largest Puzzle which has 24,000 pieces! This puzzle measures 14' x 5'. Later on we had a delicious turkey dinner and sat around visiting with Karter's family while the kids ran around.
Jan. 4
Off to Mexico! Before we left I took a picture of the cutest boys ever! Porter has missed Jaxon so much and they have had a blast being together again. We took Becky and Karter to Mexico and we froze. It started raining after we left and we didn't have any jackets with us, but we toughed it out and made the most out of it. Our trip was a little disappointing since the food was not horrible, the store I wanted to go to was closed, and it was raining! At least I got to spend the day with some people I love.
We spent most of the day preparing a turkey for dinner since Karter's sister was coming over. While the turkey cooked, we finished a 2000 piece puzzle that Conner got for Christmas and we have decided that we want to do an even bigger puzzle. We want to do the World's Largest Puzzle which has 24,000 pieces! This puzzle measures 14' x 5'. Later on we had a delicious turkey dinner and sat around visiting with Karter's family while the kids ran around.
Jan. 4
Off to Mexico! Before we left I took a picture of the cutest boys ever! Porter has missed Jaxon so much and they have had a blast being together again. We took Becky and Karter to Mexico and we froze. It started raining after we left and we didn't have any jackets with us, but we toughed it out and made the most out of it. Our trip was a little disappointing since the food was not horrible, the store I wanted to go to was closed, and it was raining! At least I got to spend the day with some people I love.



3 comments:
Glad you guys had fun... looks like it was busy, and so glad you got to see Becky and her gang.
What book are you reading? ;o)
We wish we could have been able to have gone their to visit. But glad Becky and Karter were able to see you guys. It looks like you had a nice visit with them. We miss you guys a lot.
Love ya!
Post a Comment