Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Survived

Well I survived my interview yesterday. I was as nervous as I thought I would be even though I studied the possible questions I would be asked. I arrived an hour early and Tom met me in the lobby. He walked me to the conference room and showed me around the building to the cafeteria, his cubicle, the bathroom (in case I was going to be sick), and introduced me to his manager and team mates. Time serious felt like it was standing still and all I wanted was for the interview to be done and over with. To help the time go, Tom went over more questions with me and told me the essentials of sales...even though it isn't a sales job, but kind of is. Finally it was five minutes to my interview, Tom wished me luck and I went in to meet the recruiter. She was very nice and sat me down to fill out some paperwork. I was expecting at least 10-20 other people there that were also waiting to be interviewed, but there was only one guy and me. After we filled out paperwork, the recruiter walked us to separate offices to meet with three different managers that would be the ones doing the interviewing. The recruiter reassured me that the men were nice and that I would do fine. She was right, the were very nice and one of them happened to be Tom's manager that I met earlier. They asked some very tough questions. Questions that I wasn't prepared for, but I answered all of them with examples and think I did pretty well at the role playing...thanks to all of Tom's help. The interview lasted only about 15 minutes and it was OVER!! I didn't throw up and mind brain didn't turn to mush. Thank you all for your support and prayers, it worked!

5 comments:

Bean said...

I'm glad the interview went well. I hope you get the job! love ya!!

Sonnet said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck let us know if you get the job!

Elizabeth said...

It sounds like the interview went well. I hope you get the job!

Anonymous said...

Hay, I got the address for the soda pop shop... lots of great weird ones... 1649N 74th st
scottsdale
480-994-4505

birdeeb said...

Wow that is rough! 3 managers! ugh! I think maybe the only reason why they didn't hire you is because Tom works there...some companies can be really picky about hiring couples. It's stupid, but it happens. That's why my company hasn't hired my husband :o(. LAME! I bet you did super awesome!