Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

When Tom and I decided to start our family, we had a plan. The plan was that Tom would work and provide for the family while I stayed at home to love and nurture our children. Well the time has now come for me to return to the working world now that the three kids are in school full time and also because we really need the double income. Since moving here to Arizona, I have been applying for jobs by posting my very short resume online through Craigslist, Careerbuilder, and Jobing. For weeks I never received a phone call or email regarding any of the jobs I applied for. Finally Friday morning I got a call from a recruiter at the University of Phoenix asking if I had a few minutes to talk so she could ask me questions about working for the University. I was so nervous. I felt like I was stumbling over my words and that my brain had turned to mush. However, I did make it though the phone call and I am scheduled to go in for an interview with the recruiter and two other managers tomorrow afternoon. I am terrified! It has been 10-1/2 years since I have worked and even longer since my last job interview. The butterflies are fluttering like crazy. I am praying that I don't throw up and that I make it through the interview and most of all...get the job. Getting the job means that Tom and I can carpool to work, get health insurance, hopefully buy a home soon, and that I will be able to go to school get my tuition waived. So wish me luck that my brain doesn't go mush and I get the job!

10 comments:

Sonnet said...

Wow I think that is exactly how I would feel!! Good luck & Ill pray you dont throw up & your brain works!

Robert and Jill said...

Keep Eye contact. That is a really big thing that is the hardest to do. Good luck! I wish you all the best!!!!


Love,

Jenn

Lindsey said...

I can only imagine how hard that would be, you will do great though! I will be thinking about you, let me know how it goes! Love ya!

Stacy said...

Good luck Kell. I would be scared too but you will do great!

birdeeb said...

AWESOME!! You will do great! My advice is go in as if you are the only one interviewing for the job...we had 2 people apply for the receptionist job at my work and one didn't show up & the other one was late...We liked the one that was late, and she got the job...later she said that being late made her so nervous & I told her she was the only one that applied LOL! So go in as if you are the only one ;o). Look online too to see how to answer interview questions. They are looking again for a receptionist at my work and they posted the job on Craigslist and 200 people have applied! Scary huh? They said they only found 8 they liked out of that many! Anyways just be confident and shoot the stay-at-home mom job is freakin hard! It was the hardest job I ever did!!

Liz said...

How wonderfully exciting! No matter what, it is EXPERIENCE, and you will learn from it!

Does it help any to know that I would hire you in an instant if I could?

liz

Bean said...

You will do great! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I hate intervies too!! I mean who likes them? You'll do fine... and what happens, un/fortunately happens for a reason.

Rach said...

You will do GREAT!!! Good luck, I'll be thinking about you!

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Good luck! That is awesome. And to be able to work at the university and get to go to school there too. Wowo. That is so awesome. Your in our thoughts and prayers. I hope that today goes well for you\. Love you