Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Burrito Shack

Last weekend while Tom and I were out, Tom saw this burrito shack and decided that he wanted to pull over and go eat there. As we pulled up and I saw what this place looked like, I told Tom that there was no way I was going to eat anything that was made in there. This place looked run down, dirty, and had no windows or doors. I sat in the car while Tom went out to go order him some food. We were too late (thank goodness) and they were closed.
While we were out again this Saturday, Tom's main goal was to eat at the Burrito Shack. We pulled into the dirt parking lot and I reluctantly got out of the car. I mean do you blame me...look at the place.

Here is some pictures of the inside. The floors are made out of rock and dirt and the tables and chairs are mismatched. There were ziplock bags of water hanging over the doorways and glassless windows which made us curious. We asked what they were for and we were told that they are hung there to keep the flies away. The first picture is of the outdoor dining.

I looked at the menu and picked out a chicken burrito with pico, green chiles, and sauce. Tom ordered a carne asada burrito with the works. Here is what our burritos looked like and they were DELICIOUS! We are definitely going to eat at the Burrito Shack again...soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad it was good. It seems thats how a lot of the cool places to eat are like. run down, and crappy looking. at least you didn't die!!!

The Rives said...

You can definitly say that it is authentic right down to the building. Me and Michele think that we need a shack around here too! Yummy!!!

Cameron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameron said...

I have adopted the philosophy of try everything. Tara still turns her nose up at a lot of the places I want to try out. So we have developed a way of doing things. I try out the food first on my own then I confirm to her that I didn't puke or spew afterwords.

Liz said...

That makes my mouth water! Definitely going to make it to Cafe Rio this week!

birdeeb said...

LOL! It does look Ghetto, but sometimes the most Ghetto places can be the best to eat! ;o)