Friday, December 12, 2008

Gingerbread Schoolhouse

Today I volunteered to help out with Tayler's class to make gingerbread houses while wearing their pajamas. There was so much frosting and candy that the kids were not able to use it all, but they did find some creative ways to try. There was one boy that was so OCD about his house and the candy he put on it. He would only use certain colors so it took forever for him to dig out all the blue M&M's. I spent most of my time trying to help him hurry up...he was driving me crazy!

Tayler's house was so cute with candy canes on the roof that looked like a heart with red hots lining the roof. Then she realized she could add more candy so she filled the snow covered lawn with gum drops. Her friend, Madison, had so much candy on hers that you could barely see the house!

Tayler's beautiful house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love ginger bread houses... although we never really make them, they are so fun. what a creative, candy addicted, girl.

Bean said...

I love how your gingerbread house turned out Tayler! I love you!