The past few days/weeks everyone has been sick a a very bad and icky cold. We were going to go visit some family in Mesa on Christmas Eve, but due to our colds and Porter getting a fever we stayed home. A tradition we have is to let the kids open a present on Christmas Eve which is usually new pajamas and them the kids go to bed. The kids went to bed at 6:45! Conner was the first one asleep, followed bu Porter at about 9, and then Tayler at 10:30, who was way too excited for Christmas morning. I wrapped presents all night until 11:00 and have decided that next year I will not save all the wrapping until the last minute.
I woke up to Porter crawling in my bed at 7 am. We laid in bed together and snuggled until Charlie started licking my face to tell me he needed to go out. Not too long after Tayler then Conner got out of bed to see what Santa had left them. They were not able to peek into the living room since Santa wrapped the entry way. The kids had to break through the wrapping paper to find out if they got any presents.

Presents were unwrapped with excitement as the kids tore through to find if Santa brought them what they asked for. Toys, toys, and more toys! Of course Santa brought them what was on their list...just a few things...not all.

Presents were unwrapped with excitement as the kids tore through to find if Santa brought them what they asked for. Toys, toys, and more toys! Of course Santa brought them what was on their list...just a few things...not all.

Porter was thrilled to get Hulk hands and a mask, Tom got a much needed rice steamer, Tayler a beautiful new dress, and Conner got his awesome Tech Deck(finger skateboards and ramp).


Santa and Mrs. Claus aka Walt and Sue sent a package full of gifts for everyone. Thank you! The kids love their gifts.
As for me...I got the suckiest Christmas present EVER! A vacuum! That's right, Tom bought me a vacuum. It was what I asked for and I got to pick it out. My last vacuum has been picking up after us for years and was falling apart. The hose had a crack in is and was being help together with good ol' Duck Tape. The power button no longer worked, so it had to be turned on and off via power cord. And the list goes on. The new vacuum has so many wonderful features on it! Ladies get this...I get to vacuum in the dark! It has a light on the front and it is brite! This model is designed especially for people with pets so that we can clean off the dog hair off of the furniture and in the carpet. It is bagless with no filters to get clogged. The hose is super long for all those hard to reach places, and not to mention how long the cord is...I can vacuum the whole house from one outlet! Awesome huh?! So yes I got just what I wanted and needed for Christmas.
I did also get some new feather pillows, my favorite perfume, and some pajamas.
I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas!



6 comments:
Wow that gift does "SUCK" hehe cool features...I could definatly use that! I feel your pain on family being sick!! Reminds me of how you were always sick on christmas growing up!
That's awesome... I love when you get the fun things you want. sometimes the wants are a little more fun than the needs, but you'll enjoy it every time you clean... Ya I like things like that too. Merry Christmas.
Sounds like you guys had a good Christmas despite the yucky colds. Hope everyone gets feeling better soon. And sorry I didn't get a Christmas card mailed. :) So Merry Christmas (better late then never)
Sounds like fun! Merry Christmas Francis family!
New vacuums are the best!!
I LOVE the idea of the entry way being wrapped haha! Would be fun for kids I am sure... ;o)
Post a Comment