Friday, July 18, 2008

Lagoon Day 1 and Day 2

Our next adventure was a day at Lagoon. Tom's parents got us discount coupons for their Stake Lagoon Day. Laura was having contact problems, so Tom and I took the kids for the first half of the day until Tom got motion sickness from the Music Express and ended up going home. Laura came and we finished taking the kids on some fun rides. I took the older and taller kids on the big scary rides while Laura took the younger and or shorter kids on the not so scary rides. Tayler was bummed because of course she was too short for the big scary rides that she loves and really wanted to go on. Our first attempt to take her on the Colossus failed. I took Conner, Allie, and Payton on and immediately after grabbed Tayler and ran her on before they could measure her up. Tayler ended up getting to ride the ride without getting kicked off. She also got to ride the new WICKED. She absolutely loved it and calls it "My Wicked".
The ride pictured below is Wicked. It seats eight people per car, four in front, four in back. When you first take off it immediately shoots you straight up and the you go straight back down. You also go through a series of twists and turns which you go upside down. This ride is one of our favorite rides at Lagoon. Everyone but Laura and Porter went on Wicked. The pictures of Conner below are the before and after pictures from the ride. It goes very fast and lasts only about 30 seconds.

We went back to Lagoon a few days later with our bounce back passes for only $8 per person. Much better than the regular price of $39.95 per person. This time we went Laura got a pass and got to ride the rides with us. I think our favorite ride was the Rocket. It shoots you up over 200 feet in the air. The other one drops you instead of shooting you up. Laura, Conner, and Allie went on the Cliffhanger which has two rows of people that rotates into pillars of water that get you soaking wet. Not my idea of a fun ride but they seemed to have enjoyed it.

While I was taking some kids on rides Tom tried to win me a big stuffed animal. Well he did "win" me a very BIG dog. I use the word win loosely because he didn't really win the dog. It was more like sweet talking the girl into giving it to him or his wife will be mad he spent the money and didn't win. So I guess you could say he "won" it.

4 comments:

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

i love lagoon! I miss it. I want to get pics there again. THat was so incredibly fun! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Shalie said...

Hey Tom, its Grant Morgan from Spokane. I found your blog through Tara and Cody callaway's, Tara is friends with my wife. What a small world. Looks like things are good for you. We're back in Spokane now, after living in UT for a couple of years. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun... glad I could also be a link to long lost friends... :)

Laura said...

That was so fun!!! Thank you for not mentioning that I was to FREAKED out to ride that scary ride!! (but if you wrote it I would be ok caus its TRUE!!)