At the grocery store on the cereal aisle my kids would beg me to get this "new and improved better way to eat cereal" cereal straws. No, was the answer they always got. I swore I would never buy these cereal straws because cereal was meant to be eaten out of a bowl with a spoon, not in a cup through a straw. I caved! I was at Smith's and these cereal straws were on sale for $1.00. I thought to myself, "Only a dollar huh? I guess I can spend a dollar on these things so my kids can try them and saw they don't like them and then I would never have to hear them for for them anymore." I bought 2 boxes, the Froot Loops and the Cocoa Krispies. This morning the kids finally got to try what they have been trying so hard to get. I poured them a cup of milk and they used it as a straw. They drank up all the milk. But then they wanted more milk, so I poured some more and by now, they were too full from milk to eat all the straws. The straws had turned to mush. Yuck! I think the kids liked them but they would be better as a snack instead of breakfast. Note to self: Don't ever buy cereal straws ever again.



5 comments:
they don't seem like they would work very well .I mean cereal gets soggy after 5 minutes I can only imagine a straw getting yucky just as fast. But cool to see how they work right. Glad to know that don't work. THanks!
Too funny! Yeah ive had that same battle.
THANKS FOR THE INFO. MY KIDS HAVE BEEN WANTING THEM AND I ALWAYS TELL THEM NO. I'M SO MEAN!
I am in the same said battle and Its good to know that I am smart...
that was me..I am not sure why I was anonymous though
Post a Comment