Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day at the Pool

What a beautiful day it was outside. The kids woke up this morning itching to go swim. The pool didn't open until 9am so they did have to wait just a little longer than they would have liked. We ate breakfast and then head to the pool. The weather was nice but the water was not! The water in the pool was ice cold. Porter was they only one that would get in the water, while Tayler toyed with the idea of getting in. As for Conner, he wasn't getting in for anything...well, except to save Tayler from drowning. Tayler wanted to go down the slide and asked if I would catch her at the bottom. I told her I would and proceeded to get into the water as she went to the top of the slide. As I was inching my way into the icy pool, Tom told me that Tayler was going down. There was no way I was going to make it in time. She hit the water and went under. Conner saw and dove in after her. Conner made it to her in no time and Tayler climbed up his body to get air. Conner couldn't keep the two of them above water since it was 5' deep. I made it to both of them and dragged them to safety. I am very proud of how brave Conner was and for his sacrifice for his little sister. After Tayler made it out of the pool she told Tom that it was fun going down the slide. Funny girl! We had fun at the pool and too much sun. We all came home a little red.

And yes, we came home. We decided that Vegas wasn't the place for kids and that the drive to the Grand Canyon would be torture for all of us. Instead of going on a big vacation to far away places that we would come back to Utah and do smaller family activities throughout the week. Stay tuned to see what we do next.

2 comments:

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Awe that is fun! Wow Conner you were so brave! That takes alot of courage. You didn't even think twice about not jumping in to save Taylor. What a great big brother. I am glad your all alright. Sounds like you had a fun and adventurous day at the pool. I am glad that you guys had alot of fun as a family. IT is so important. Families don't get enough of that these days. WE miss and love you guys!

The Rives said...

Conner is such a big help. When I watched them the other weekend, he made all of us pancakes in the morning. I have never had a niece or nephew make me anything before. It was really nice. Thanks Conner.