Tonight we drove up to Salt Lake with our neighbors to see their son, our visiting teacher, play in his band. Their band is called Sake and Echo. The one we went to see is Christian...he is the one on the right of the first picture with the guitar. We missed the first few songs but caught about three songs and they were very good. They played at the Avalon and was one of the opening bands for Rooney. The other bands that opened for Rooney were not that great. There was an all girl group from Alabama called The Bridges. They were okay, but not my kind of music. After they played a band called Locksley was next. We really did not enjoy their music. It was puck rock I'm guessing and the clothes they wore looked like they walked straight out of the 70's. Finally the main event...Rooney. I had never heard of them before but they were actually good. Much better than the two before them! While watching them play I kept thinking that the lead singer looked familiar. When I got home I looked up Rooney on the Internet got a better look at him and realized where I had seen him from. He was on Princess Diaries as the best friends older brother that has a crush on Mia (Anne Hathaway). I looked him up and his name is Robert Schwartzman. He has a very famous family. His cousin is Nicolas Cage, his grandfather is Francis Ford Coppola, and his mom was Adrienne in all the Rocky movies. Just a little trivia I learned...Anyway...look them up and try their music to see if it is something you would like.


2 comments:
Cool that is the band off of princess diaries right? cool. THat is fun! Very cool. I hope you guys had fun!
He does look familiar, but I started to place him in Napolean Dynamite areas.
Post a Comment