Thursday, October 25, 2007

Olivia Carol Rives

Hooray she made it today! One day after her due date she arrived at 5:14 pm weighing in at 6lbs. 14oz. and 19.5 in long. What a doll! She was very alert looking around everywhere and she kept sticking her tongue out to lick the air. Thanks to my family, friends, and neighbors taking my kids I was able to go to the hospital to help Jen and Dallas...but mostly Jen. Jen did very good...well as good as you can when you deliver a baby. The only pains she had was from her neck which they think was caused by the epidural. They say that her contractions were being felt in her neck since she was numb from the waist down. Becky and I took turns massaging her neck to make her feel comfortable. Finally after they stopped the epidural the pain in her neck wasn't so severe which made it easier for her to push. I now have another adorable niece to kiss, squish, and love! Congratulations Jen and Dallas...and good luck!



I hope this video works!

2 comments:

Bean said...

I'm so glad that you guys were there to help her out. I love you!

The Rives said...

I love your pictures too. I want that video. Try to send it to me. Thanks for being my nurse through that whole ordeal with my neck. I coulnd't have asked for better sisters.