We are off. This morning at 2:45 am we left Kaysville for our long voyage to Queen Creek, Arizona. The first few hours of the trip wasn't too bad since we were excited for our new adventure, but as the excursion went on, Tom and I began to tire and nod off. We pulled over in Marysvale, Utah for a quick cat-nap. We woke an hour later and set off again. While I was diving through Utah, looking at all the little podunk towns we drove through, an email I had received a few years ago came to mind. Check it out.
After what seemed like forever...only 16 and a half hours...we finally pulled into Mesa and stopped in at Tom's aunt and uncle's house to find a hotel to stay in since the carpets in the house are being cleaned in the morning. We are looking forward to living in Arizona but we will also miss Utah and all its little podunk towns.
4 comments:
Good luck Kelli! I'm glad we have the blog to keep tabs on each other. Have fun down there!
Goodness!! I hope your nap was 3 hours. It took us 12 hours to drive to Phoenix every year. Take lots of pics! Im glad you made it safe!
Love the you tube song. I had never heard it before. I hope you enjoy living in Arizona!
LOL that video made me laugh! I lived in UT for 5 years & didn't know there were all those little towns LOL! I was like...they missed Logan, but at the end oh yeah they represented right by the old roller skating rink ;o). 16 hour car ride sounds ROUGH!
Post a Comment