Friday: I drove an hour into Tempe for a job interview. When I got there, about 25 other ladies were there applying too. So, they tell us that they didn't expect such a huge turn out and that they didn't want us to all sit there all day while they conduct interviews. Our resumes were gathered up and spread out on a table and 5 of them were randomly picked to stay and interview. The rest were to be called back later that day and Saturday to set up a time to interview. My resume wasn't one of the 5 chosen so I was sent home. While I was in Tempe, Tom had worked all the hours he was allowed so he got off early and we went to a baseball game. Conner happened to be there too for a bonus field-trip. It was SO HOT at the game! I came home with a nice sunburn. We watched the Oakland A's and the Milwaukee Brewers. The pictures were taken with my camera phone, because I brought my camera but didn't have a memory card.
Saturday: Tom had to drive in to Phoenix to help a friend move in and after that he went to another baseball game. Right now it is spring training for all the cactus league teams, so the games are super cheap. I spent the day with the kids cleaning and making a costume for a birthday party that Conner had to go to. He was to dress up as Peter Pan for a Tinkerbell party for his friend Ivy from school. Here is a picture of Conner with his friend, Carlie, wearing the costume I made out of a pillow case.
Sunday: We decided to take the kids to a baseball game since they have been feeling left out. We ate hot dogs before we left since the hot dogs in the concessions are $4 EACH! Then drove out to Tempe to the Diablo Stadium to watch the Anaheim Angels play the Kansas City Royals. It was another beautiful day with a slight breeze, but still 80 degrees. I got another slight burn, but not as bad as the last time. The kids had a lot of fun and Porter even got a nap in during the game.

After we got home from the game, we had the kids get ready for bed. Tayler came out of her room to tell us that she had been wiggling her tooth all day and she thinks it's going to come out. She didn't want me to touch it, she just wanted to show me how loose it was. While she was showing me, I told her to just yank up on her tooth to see if it would come out. With one quick tug, Tayler pulled out her own tooth. Two down...many more to go!






3 comments:
You are just a family of busy bodies! Can I be one of your kids too?
liz
ya!!! I wish we had nice warm, get a tan weather!!! So jelious.... but I won't feel bad missing out on the SUMMER temps there!!
It sounds like the job hunting is kind of a pain. Sorry. Tara just lost a tooth too. However, when she got out of bed to tell me about it,she wouldn't go back to bed until I pulled it even though I was on the phone. After a couple of tries it came out. Also, does Connor have cute little "girlfriends" wherever he goes? Have fun when he is a teenager.
Post a Comment