I made turkey noodle soup from scratch! Yup...homemade noodles and all! It turned out so delicious. Friday was an early out day for the kids since they have spring break for the next TWO WEEKS!! Porter was my little buddy all day and he helped me make the noodles and the soup. We had a great time together with a little bit of dancing in the kitchen while the soup boiled.
Saturday Tom and I went GOLFING...well I tried. We have a free pitch and put course here in our community, so Tom and I decided to take advantage of it and teach me a few things about golfing. One thing I learned was that I stink!!! After a few tries with the pitching wedge I got the swing of things. I was able to hit the ball, not well, but at least I hit it. At one point I did manage to lift the ball into the air and make it on the green. After practicing there we drove to the golf course to practice on the driving range. I can't hit that little white ball for the life of me. Putting...no big deal, but when it comes to swinging that driver I can't seem to do it! Tom is great at it! When he hits the ball it makes a really cool ping sound and you can hear it soar through the sky. Some day I will hit that ball and it will make cool sounds for me too. Next time I go i will make sure that I am better prepared to play...no flip-flops, wear a glove, and maybe some clubs for short people like me. I did wake up this morning and I could feel parts of my body I hadn't used in a while...I am sore, which means I need to keep working those muscles out by golfing more.
6 comments:
The soup looks SO yummy! I think I made homemade chicken noodle soup....once. ;)
That soup looks very good! I have never made homemade noodles before. I miss you!
I'm VERY impressed, noodles and golf! Isn't that what every husband wants from a wife!
golfing is harder than it looks.. I'm lucky if I even HIT the ball... you know what golf stands for right???
Guys Only, Ladies Forbidden.
little trivia.. now if you get that question on Jeopardy you'll get it right.
I went to a driving range once. I doubt I want to do it again. I took out the grass and the ball sat there untouched. i woke up and didn't want to move my arms. It was an aweful reminder of how bad I was at golf.
Never golfed but I know id suck! Looked like a nice day though!
Post a Comment