For Thanksgiving this year we drove up to Mesa to spend the holiday at Tom's uncle's house with his cousins, parents, and aunt's & uncle's. We were supposed to eat the feast at 2:00 but finally got around to eating at 4:30 when all of the family arrived. The tables were set up outside in the backyard and the weather was perfect considering we've been getting some rain over the past few days and it even rained this morning. We all piled food on our plates and ate until we couldn't eat another bite except for Porter. All he wanted was PIE. I told him he would get to eat it soon enough and that he had to eat some food. I had to pay him a quarter to eat some turkey. After dinner we settled down and some of us played settlers and some Oh Heck while the kids watched High School Musical. Porter finally got to eat some of the 23 pies we had. My favorite is the lemon meringue! As we got in the car and started to drive away it started hailing so bad that we had to pull over because we couldn't see anything. For those of you who know me well know that I LOVE rain storms! I love the sound of the thunder as it rumbles,booms, and cracks like a whip, and the lightning flashes across the sky. The crazy weather just added that extra bonus to a wonderful thanksgiving.




2 comments:
Thats cool you still have some family close by for the holidays. I had to pull teeth to get Logan to eat normal food as well. Cant blame them for wanting sweets first though. hehe
MMMMMM, pie. The best part.... Glad you guys had fun, and had family to hang with.
Post a Comment