Monday, November 10, 2008

Fun Weekend

Tom's best friend Dax flew in from Utah to visit us for the weekend. He flew in late Thursday night so we didn't get back home until about 1 am and then got up early the next morning to drive to Mexico for the day while the kids were at school. While in Mexico we stopped to eat lunch at a very good authentic restaurant called La Hacienda Del Gaballo Rojo. The food was soooo good. I was never a big fan of Mexican food growing up but now I would have to say it is one of my favorite things to eat. I just LOVE the rice and beans! While we ate we were serenaded by a mariachi singing La Bamba and Amore. I did get me some jewelry while we were there and I love them.
We didn't do a whole lot on Saturday, and since Dax was leaving early Monday morning, we decided to take Dax into Phoenix Sunday and show him some more of Arizona besides our small little town. We drove into Chandler to eat at Churches Chicken since it is Tom's favorite. Afterwards we drove to Glendale where the NFL football stadium is. Since the Cardinals were playing monday there wasn't a whole lot to do there but there is an outdoor mall across the street that we wen to. Dax did some shoping for some hoodies since it is cold in Utah, then we stopped at Jimmy Buffet's for some chips and salsa and a drink. As we were finishing up, a guy walked up to Tom and asked if we wanted tickets to a hockey game. Tom asked how much and he said they were free that his daughter won them and they didn't need 3 of them. The game was going to start in 15 minutes and the stadium was right there at the mall.

We had a ton of fun at the game and found out that Wayne Gretsky is the coach for Arizona. I tried to get a picture of him but he was too far away. At one point in the game the opposing team had 4 players in the penalty box. We only got to see one fight but it was a great game and the Arizona Coyotes beat the San Jose Sharks 4-2.

4 comments:

Becky & Jaxon said...

I am so so so so so so so Jealous! I wish I was with you guys. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love and miss you guys so much! That mexican food looks so good! Did I mention that I am so so so so so so so so jealous?

The Rives said...

That food looked so good. I love authentic mex food. I miss you guys!

Sonnet said...

Yeah there is no good mexican food in Utah. The stuff down there. SO GOOD. I remember going to Carlos O'brians. That was good.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome.... I would love to be able to just drive somewhere cool like that whenever.