Monday, June 23, 2008

When It Rains...

Boy did it pour today...not rain...I wish. The air conditioning has been out in the house so trying to unpack in a hot house is not my idea of a good time. There are not window coverings which adds the the already existing heat, so I have spent the day installing blinds. The vertical blinds that I had cut were 2-1/2 inches too short so I go to hop in the car to go take them back and get some re-cut. On my way out Conner tells me that the sprinkler head is spraying all over. I go over to look at it and twist the valve to turn it on and the sprinklers came on. But when I twisted it of the sprinklers wouldn't shut off. I tried for 15 minutes to get the darn thing to shut off but no luck. I walked to the side of the house to find the shut off but instead found a black widow inside the sprinkler box. I don't have very good luck with spiders...when I find then they always tend to be super huge or deadly! The kids thought it was really neat, but they learned what to do if they ever saw one...don't try to catch it in a jar like mom...DON'T TOUCH IT! But I did finally find the shut off valve and all is good until I get someone here to fix the broken valve, the leaky toilet, and leaky sink. The joys of fixing things!! But, every storm does clear and there comes some sun. Our neighbors have been so nice and welcoming. We have had many people coming over to say hello and welcome us to the neighborhood with lots of goodies...cookies, eclaires, bread, and cinnamon rolls. I think we are going to like living here!

2 comments:

birdeeb said...

Ok I didn't know you moved! We used to have a black widow living right by our door light & I let it live there until one day it was at about eye level (a year later) and that was when I said, "SEE YA!" Yeah that was freaky! I need to move to your neighborhood haha elclairs?? Nice!

The Rives said...

They were all over in Oregon. I hate those dang things. I definitly have arachnophobia. I use to make customers kill the spiders I would find in the store. I remember Aaron use to do it for me when we were little, and then he decided one day, he would rather watch me suffer!