Tuesday, June 3, 2008

To Mow...Or Not To Mow

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and I get to mow the lawn. Some say that I am crazy or Tom has tortured me and forced me to mow the lawn...but I LOVE IT! I love the smell of the fresh cut grass, the straight lines in my lawn, and plus, no one bothers me while I mow, which means, alone time...just me, the mower, and my ipod!!!! It is probably more of an OCD thing though. My lawn has to have nice straight lines, whether they are diagonal, vertical, horizontal, or crisscrossed, I love to see how beautiful it is when I am done. No one else can mow but me! I can't wait 'til I get to mow again.

5 comments:

Robert and Jill said...

You sound just like your mom. That is my favorite thing to do. I feel the same way about the smell but not so much about all the lines. Your lawn looks so nice and green with all your perfect lines. I'm waiting to mow mine but it is still too wet from the rain. So I guess I'll have to just wait another day. Good job Kelli! Love ya!!

Rach said...

Your lawn looks great. I have to say that is not my favorite thing to do. (probably since I am allergic) But I am glad that someone enjoys it.

Lisa said...

Wow - your lawn looks amazing! Ryan mows our lawn...maybe you need to give him a tutorial on how to make those great lines. :)

Sonnet said...

Your lawn looks great Kelli!! I love the smell when its fresh cut!

Robert and Jill said...

When I was a kid and your grandpa taught me how to mow our HUGE lawn he was a stickler about the straightness of the lines. It was so much a part of how I mowed lawns that it was my signature when I started mowing lawns for money as a teenager. I always got compliments on my great work. Perhaps your obsession is hereditary.

Dad.