Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Camping We Will Go

Camping this weekend was so much fun. We did have some frustrating moments though. When you decide to go camping las minute you tend to forget many things needed while out in the wild. We packed up and drove out to the sand dunes out past Eureka. We stayed at the Oasis Campground and pitched out tent in a nice spot that we decided would block the most wind since it was really windy. We roasted hot dogs and ate our dinner. It got really cold outside with the wind blowing and since I forgot to pack Tom a hoodie, we went to bed early. Our first night was a miserable one. We forgot to pack our air mattress and tried to sleep on the rock hard ground. I maybe slept a whole two hours before I heard the rain start to tap on the tent. It rained from 6 am to 9 am. It did not drizzle. It came down hard. I didn't think it would ever stop, but it did, and then the clouds broke and the sun came out!!
After the rain had stopped we all climbed out of the tent and began to make cook up some sausages for breakfast. The camp started to dry and we took out the little bike and all took turns riding. My rear end is so sore from all the riding this weekend!

Conner has become quite the rider. He is now jumping and doing wheelies.

We were all exhausted from the long weekend but can't wait to go out again...hopefully we will be better prepared.

8 comments:

Robert and Jill said...

It's hard to pack for camping. There's always something missing that would be nice have from home. It looks like the next day was nice and everyone had fun.

Sonnet said...

Looks like you guys still had fun. Too bad you had to sleep on the rock hard ground. Now you can feel like a pioneer.

Bean said...

Looks like camping was the thing to do. Thanks for sharing you pictures! It looks like you guys had fun!

Stacy said...

Fun pictures Kelli. Your kids are growing up so fast. And they are so adorable.

Anonymous said...

looks like fun.... i wish it would warm up some so we could go camping too!!

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Awe I love the pictures. I thought I left a comment before but It must have not gone on there or something. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the one of tayler with the wild flowers. WE miss you guys and wish we were there to go camping with you. WE hope Tom had a great fathers day! We love you!

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

SO I heard you have to be out of your house by the end of the week. I wish I was there to help you guys out. That is crazy. I hope that you find a place and are able to get everything done. Your in our thoughts always and we miss and love you guys tonz!

birdeeb said...

I want to go camping!! I am so jealous! Chris doesn't like camping :o(