Friday, February 15, 2008

It's Finally Done

After two months of putting off painting this room, I finally finished it today. My first attempt was about a month ago and it took me and hour to do one little corner and it didn't look right, so I gave up and the room sat. This morning I walked passed the room and decided it was time to get it over with. The first time I did it I rubbed the glaze right on the walls and it was hard to thin out and spread evenly so it went on really dark. This time I poured the glaze into a small container and mixed mineral spiritz in with the glaze which helped to thin it out and made it much easier to wipe on the walls. In all it took me 3 hours to wipe it on start to finish. It took a few hours of inhaling the potent fumes and my arm feeling like it was going to fall from my body before I felt the satisfaction of a job completed...finally!

4 comments:

Bean said...

Your room looks very nice!

Robert and Jill said...

Yea! You finished and it looks really nice. I need to paint but can't seem to get going. Good job!

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

I like that finish stuff. IT looks good in there too because It isn't too dark. It is really pretty color. I like it. Your house is really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome Kelli. I love getting big projects like that finished. Then you can enjoy all the work you put into something so much more.