Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blue & Gold Banquet

Tonight was the scouts Blue & Gold Banquet and the theme was Asian. The cultural hall in the gym was all decorated with paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling and banners all around the room. We started out with Chinese buffet with some yummy food including fried cheese won tons, pork egg rolls, sweet and sour chicken, beef and broccoli, and much more. The food was so good that Conner went back for seconds. While we ate we listened to a guest speaker talk about some traditions. The cub master invited and boyscout up who would dare try to eat some fresh, uncooked squid. About ten boys ran up and lined up daring to try the squid. Surprisingly only one boy ran off to go spit it out. Conner finished his and said that it wasn't so bad. All of the boys received currency given to them in red envelopes and also a gold bookmark. We had a very enjoyable night and wish that Tom was feeling well enough to have come with us.


2 comments:

Bean said...

We are so proud of you Conner.
We love you so much and can't wait to see you next month!

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

oh my goodness! That is such a fun night. I remember when I was little and going with my dad and my brothers. My dad always let me go cause he was a leader. That is a cool theme too. I love alot about that culture. I can't believe you ate a squid. I wouldn't have the guts to do that. You are very brave conner. You are getting so big. CRAZY! I hope to see you soon!