Over the past few days I have been painting room after room. I started with the entry way, downstairs, and hallways. That wasn't so hard. The next room was the formal living room. A few weeks ago we had a friend come out and do the old world style texture on the walls. So the next step was to prime the walls. It was hard to see where I had primed and where I still needed to go over. Once that was dry...the next day I painted on the base color. Now all I have left to do in the room is to rub the stain on the walls and wipe it back off again. Since I didn't have the stain yet, I moved onto the master bedroom. Boy oh boy did I take on a task with too much work. Our walls are vaulted in our room so had to use a ladder for all those hard to reach areas. So up I went painting the high peaks and climbing back down the ladder repeatedly. I was so beat by the end of the day and looking at the walls realizing that I wasn't finished...I still had to do the 2nd coat! Ugh! So after two days had passed (since I was putting it off cus I knew the amount of energy I would have to put out and needed the rest) I resumed painting. What was I thinking!? I started with the easy wall that didn't require the use of a ladder, then moved on to the next. This wall is right over the bathroom and the highest wall in the room. I climbed to the top painted a little and started my descend. As I was taking that last step off the ladder, I stepped right onto a stool that was behind me, lost my balance and fell HARD on top of the legs of the stool. Super OUCH!! It took me a few minutes before I could regain myself from the pain in my back side and proceeded to get back on my feet. The bruises on my behind are huge and black and blue. It doesn't look pretty. Sorry...you really don't want to hear about my back side. So anyway, I trudged on and after 3...4 hours or so the room was DONE! Wahoo! I will never have to paint that room again!!!! As I am pulling the tape off the base boards both Tayler and Porter ask if their rooms are next...uh NO. Their rooms have the same vaulted ceilings as mine and I am not about to climb up another ladder...I still have to recover.




3 comments:
I like the color a whole lot. Take a break and then come and paint my bathroom, bedroom and if your not too tired my front room. :) See you tomorrow. (I'm tending)
Looks great! You do nice work! Ugh I feel for ya on the falling part! I am sure Tom thinks your back side is still nice LOL! ;o) That sucks though! As the gruff fire truck in the book I read to the kids tonight says, "You did good Rookie!" haha ;o) I always make my voice sound like the Doc on Cars LOL ;o)
What a pretty color, good pick!
Post a Comment