For my Birthday and Independence Day we left for the weekend to go camping. It was sort of a company camp weekend. We went with my boss, Sam, his son Anthony, Chris - one of the installers, and my neighbor Maria. We had a lot of fun riding the 4-wheelers around the campsite and on some trails. I had been on 4-wheelers before, but had never done anything on trail in the mountains. I did go on a ride that was so much fun. There were some scary parts of the trail where I had to go up a steep rocky hill. About halfway up I began to slow down, so I quickly downshifted into 1st gear and made it up the hill. I definitely hope to own my own 4-wheelers someday. Porter and Conner had a blast. Conner got to take them out every once in a while and Porter got to go on many rides.

4-Wheeling Fools!

The kids found some friends to play with from other campgrounds.
We took the kids up to one of the forest services lookout towers. It is about 65 feet above ground and you are able to see all over in every direction. The tower is there so they can watch for forest fires and report them.
We also went to a lake there in the mountain. Tayler found some little squirrels that she had fun feeding fruit bars to while Porter slept in the car.
6 comments:
What a fun adventure. We love our 4-wheeler too. You will love owning one when it happens. Happy Birthday!
I'm glad you had a happy fourth of July. We love ya!
Happy Late Birthday!! Sorry I missed it....I thought about you on your birthday and it was way to early to be calling you, and then I just plain forgot later in the day. Hope you had a good day!!! You are the best!
Nothing like a nice family/friend campout!! love the squirells.. they are so funny to watch.. it's almost like finding a unicorn for some reason.
Sorry I missed your birthday this year! I remeber every year but I guess ive just been too busy. I love you though & think of you often.
Looks like lots of fun. Did you get a 4wheeler? I am in the works of trying to get rid of mine. So far no takers.
Post a Comment