This morning as I was ready to walk out the door for work, Porter was screaming for me to go in and help him get dressed. After I pulled his shirt on over his head he began to scratch like crazy. I combed through his hair and found LICE!!! I had been notified by the school a week ago that there was lice found on a student in Porter's classroom. Come to find out that when they had their graduation pictures taken, all the kindergartners had shared the same cap and Porter's class was the last to get their pictures taken.
So today I spent the entire day cleaning...just what I wanted to do on a day off from work. First thing I did was shave off Porter's hair and treated him with the shampoo, then began to comb. I think I washed everything in sight with a total of 6 loads of laundry. As soon as Conner and Tayler got home from school I treated them just to be sure. Tayler thought it was funny to have her hair washed in the sink, but she wasn't laughing when I had to comb through her hair. The boys were pretty easy with their super short hair, but Tayler's was painstakingly long!!!
Hopefully I was able to get rid of it and we are in the clear, but I guess only time will tell.



6 comments:
Oh no! I'm so sorry. I have been very lucky in my 23 years of motherhood and have never gone through this awful experience. I have several friends who have and it is such a nightmare. I wish I were there to give you a hug and help with your cleaning and laundry, but that is where the friendship line is drawn. I could not comfort you by putting on the graduation cap! Smile!
That is so yucky! I'm sorry you had to deal with that. What happened to Taylers eye? Love you guys!
Kelli that is such a bummer. Yucky! I dread that. Hopefully you have it under control now!
With all your cleaning and washing hair, rooms, beds they should be gone. What a lot of work to get rid of them. It's a good thing it wasn't too bad and it was caught it early. I love and miss you all!
UGH! I hope I never have to go through that!! The thought of lice freaks me out!!
My mom went through this when we were all little...what a pain! Hopefully it is gone for good!
Post a Comment