Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Without a Voice

Who would have thought that being silent could be so hard? I started losing my voice Saturday and by Sunday it was gone. My voice would come out as a squeal or a little squeak, which Tom found funny at first, but then I kept getting in trouble for attempting to talk. Trying to manage your family with no voice is not easy. Tom said my voice needed rest so that I could get it back, but it seems so impossible. How do you not talk when I have three very busy children that love to talk and ask questions and need some punishing every once in a while? When I did have to talk, because someone has asked me a question, it was so hard to get my voice out that it became exhausting and I would wear myself out. I tried to take Tom's advice and ignore the kids the best hat I could and stuck my nose in a book over the weekend. I read The Host, by Stephenie Meyer, which was a great book and I recommend you get this book if you are looking for some good reading. I have really enjoyed reading all of her books. Here it is Monday and I am still squeaking, so maybe I need to pick up a new book and wait it out. Hopefully this gets better soon.

5 comments:

Rach said...

Hope you get feeling better soon. That is no fun loosing your voice but I would take any good excuse to pick up a good book. I was wondering about The Host and if it was any good. I'll have to pick it up.Get feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I read that on Sunday and I loved it too!! I am so liking her books, and can't wait for more.

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

I hope your voice has come back. You poor thing that is just horrible. Hope the kids are behaving. We Love and miss you guys!

Sonnet said...

Yeah that would be hard!! When I was younger I loved losing my voice. Dont know why.

Heather M. said...

So, would now be a good time to tell you I just backed into your car? :)