Last night I went out to the garage to sweep it out so that we can finally get all three cars in it since we sold Tom's bike. We had just trimmed our bushes in front of the house and had swept all the clippings into the garage until we could throw them away. So I went out to the garage and gathered up the clippings and put them in the garbage. While sweeping the left-overs I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look and I don't expect what I found. What I found was this huge massive spider. I have never seen a spider that big before. I yelled for Dax in the house to get a jar. He thankfully trapped this spider in a jar for me because I was not about to do it. The kids had a lot of fun taking it around the neighborhood to show everyone their new pet. Man did it freak me out! If anyone can tell me what kind of spider this is I would love to know.
In this picture you can see how big he is from my hand on the jar.
He reminds me of the spider, Aragog, in Harry Potter.
2 comments:
That spider looks very creepy! Yuck!!
Wow! Chain the kids down! I think its a grey or smooth tarantula. I think they are pretty common to in the Utah, NM, AZ, CA, NV area. Not sure though. Probably be a fun trip to USU or some other school to look up the local spider freak and show it off. I would love to know so that I will feel safe ever coming back to Utah...
Post a Comment