Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Lucky Day

This morning I was in such a rush to get to work because I couldn't find my navy blue flip flops that I wanted to wear which caused me to be a little late getting out the door for work this morning. As I was cruising up the main road...and I by cruising I mean flying...I saw lights flashing in my rear view mirror. I began to slow down to pull over when the cop went around me and pulled over the car in front of me. WHEW! I got lucky and dodged that one!

Once I got to work my neighbor called me to tell me he found four tickets to the Lifehouse concert this Saturday at the Diamondbacks stadium. I asked him how much and guess what...it's my lucky day and they were FREE!! He and his wife would like to go with us and he said he had to work, so if we drove his wife up with us and meet him at work, we can stop in for dinner since he is the manager of Olive Garden then we would go to the game and concert after. I was so happy! Lifehouse is my favorite band and I was excited to hear that they would be in Phoenix. Now I get to go!! The story doesn't end there though.

As I was getting ready to leave work I heard on the radio (Mix 96.9) that caller 25 would win tickets to the Lifehouse concert. So, I started dialing. No luck the first two tries and my third try it rang. False alarm, my call could not be completed as dialed. I tried again and.....RING! "Hello?" Me..."What caller am I?"..."You are caller number 25!" I just won tickets to see Lifehouse and $50 to a new sushi restaurant. Now is that a lucky day or what?!

2 comments:

birdeeb said...

I got the chills girl! You & Tom need to get to Vegas FAST! LOL That's awesome! I love hearing happy stories like that. And I HATE when Cops flash their lights & then fly by you...freaks me out!!

Anonymous said...

i want your luck!!!