Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Most Thrilling Ride of My Life

I finally did it! I jumped out of an airplane at 13,000 feet above ground! Some my boss and another guy from work were planning on going and were recruiting more people to go to get a group discount. I have always wanted to go so I told them to count me in. I was also able to get my neighbor Maria to go with us as well. Sunday morning we drove to Eloy and signed our life away...literally. The forms we had to sign mentioned death in every paragraph.

We all were harnessed in and loaded onto the plane. The plane ride up too about 15 minutes. Once we reached our desired height it was time to go. As I was strapped to my instructor he scooted me to the door of the plane and on the count of three we were out the door. I kept waiting for panic to set in but it never did. I also expected to have that gut wrenching drop like when you are on a roller coaster, but it never happened either. When you are falling it really doesn't feeling like you are. The air is rushing passed you so fast. I had my hair in a ponytail when I jumped and sometime after it flew out and my hair was flapping in my instructors face. I still cannot believe how much fun it was and cannot wait to do it again! Everyone should try it at least once.


I have some of me right out of the plane put they aren't posting right. As soon as I can figure out the problem I will post them.

8 comments:

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

Wow I would never have the courage for that. COngrats! I'd be terrified!

Unknown said...

You rock! I have always wanted to try it but have never made it a priority. Now that I see how much fun you had, I want to go and really do it!

Stacy said...

Wow Kelli - you really don't look scared at all! I could never do that. So who takes the cool pictures of you when you are falling? That is awesome!

Liz said...

You are awesome!! Go Kelli!

Matt and Tricia said...

YAY!! I could totally see you doing this at some point in your life - you're always the one to try the crazy rides no one else will at any amusement park!

birdeeb said...

THAT'S WICKED COOL! NICE JOB!

Rach said...

So fun!! I always say I would like to do that, but when it would come down to it I don't know that I could! Good for you though, loved all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

thats crazy,,, I could never do it... my husband however was in jump 82nd airborne in the army so he's jumped a million times.... props.. just couldn't do it.