Since moving here, my kids will not eat school lunch and I don't blame them. I've seen the menu and I wouldn't want to eat it either (plus they charge way more here than they do in Utah). For the past few months they have been taking home lunch to school and I am feeling like I need to change it up. You can only eat so many PB & J sandwiches in one week before you just can't take it anymore (not that it is the only thing I make them). Now, they haven't complained, yet, but I want to feel like I am giving my kids a nice variety of foods to eat, and healthy too. I need some more ideas of what to make them for lunch. Something easy, that they don't have to heat up, and something they they are going to enjoy. Though task, I know. Any ideas?!


5 comments:
I'm having the same dilemma. I'll let you know if I hear of any fabulous ideas!
I used to do home lunches for Brooklyn & would sometimes do smoked turkey sandwich or some deli meat sandwich & some fruit. Its always just some type of sandwich because they cant heat anything up. Pretty boring still.
My mom gave me a book for Christmas called Brown Bag Success. It gives lots of different recipes as well as tips to get your kids to eat their lunch. And the big one is variety and giving them things that are different colors so it will be more appealing... anyways without making this comment extra long I've really liked it and if you want more ideas or recipes I can email some to you...But good luck!
I have the same problem thinking of things to make for dinner. I'm sure if you googled it you would find some ideas, or martha stewart site always has stuff.
my mom used to make lunch meat sandwiches, but I got sick from one, one time & never again! Cause you can't keep that stuff refrigerated like it should be ya know? I LOVED PB & J & I say if your kids aren't complaining I would keep doing that...maybe mix it up with honey one day then change the flavor of the jellies? LOL I don't know ;o). I do LOVE to freeze fruit & so maybe some frozen grapes? I will probably do boring stuff for lunches when it comes my time too ;o). Your friend's idea on that book sounds good!
Post a Comment