Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October Weekend

Over the weekend we spent a lot of time improving our front and backyard. Conner and I dug out all the grass that had grown into the rocks and cleaned up all the dead leaves...we did get a nice tan doing it! Tom and our friend Jeff worked really hard in the front building a walkway to our front door. We have been very frustrated with the rocks in the front all over the driveway and sidewalk from everyone walking through them to get to the front door. Tom had to dig out a few shrubs to build it, but it was worth it! I love my new walkway!

Buying a new car has been something that we have been talking about for quite a while. I am NOT a big fan of buying cars to have a huge car payment. I would rather buy a super cheap clunker than have a car payment. But then I end up with a car that has problems and dies on me whenever it feels like it. We decided it was time to break down and buy a car before it was too late and we became desperate. Tom found a great deal on a Toyota Camry. It is just like the one we have but it is a year newer and the interior is gray instead of tan. We know that the Camry is a great car because the one we have has been great for us with very little maintenance. On our way to pick up the car, Tom surprised me by taking me to Nielson's Frozen Custard! Yes, there is one here in AZ, Wahoo!! He knows how much I love the chocolate custard. It was so yummy and reminded me of Utah! It's amazing the little things that you miss when you move away. Next thing I need is The Pie pizza...but there aren't any here in Arizona...bummer!


4 comments:

Liz said...

Your walkway looks fantastic! Good job!

Unknown said...

Your yard and walkway are looking awesome. I love your new background, too!

birdeeb said...

That looks awesome! I miss The Pizza Pie too :o( That custard sounds nummy!

Robert and Jill said...

Good job on the parkway! You should come and do my sidewalk that goes to the house. Ah, someday. Nielson's Frozen Custard is the best especially if it's chocolate :}
Love ya
MoM